Signature Xavier

Signature Xavier
WWW.SIGNATUREXAVIER.COM

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gratitude - Day 1

Today was the first day applying the Gratitude Principle according to "The Rules" laid down in my previous post.

When  I focused all my attention on showing actions toward being thankful, it really opened up many opportunities.  I immediately began to realize how selfish I really am.  Putting yourself aside in order to bring happiness to another is very fulfilling.  I, of course, failed to realize this through most of my day, but at least now I'm beginning to have a firm grip on this concept.

What I did to fulfill the Gratitude Principle:

I have been reading an awesome book called "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude" and it states that if you really want to effect someone in a positive way, you can use the power of a letter.  That's right, writing a simple motivating letter can make a big difference in the lives of both the sender and the receiver.

As I wrote, I couldn't help but become emotional.  I immediately began to see the benefits of writing personal motivational letters.

Another awesome passage I read in this book, which is a perfect reminder, was "I may not have money, but what I do have I freely give unto you."  That passage actually came from the Bible!  It's a scripture that tells about the disciples.  Peter, while walking into the temple, came across a crippled who sat outside of the temple begging.  When the cripple asked Peter for money he turned to him and said "Money I have not, but that which I do have I freely give unto thee.  Get up and walk."  The man quickly stood up, took up his bed, and walked worshiping into the temple with Peter.

This is a great reminder that even though you don't have money, it doesn't mean you don't have anything to give.  If you're a loving person, give love to all in your reach.  If you're a giving person, give to all in your reach.  If you're not a emotional person, write a letter to someone you deeply care about and see the effects.

After writing that letter my eyes were open to how many opportunities are available to helping others.

There are so many that are within my grasp that I can reach out to... which I haven't lent the time to.  Here's some questions that arose thinking on this subject.  How is their life effected, because I didn't take the time to help them? How many people have I watched go into utter destruction, because I didn't say anything?  How many lives would be different if I would have spoken up?

Obviously, I can't change the past, nor do I intend on dwelling on it.  However, I can learn from it.  Hopefully, you can too.

Any comments are appreciated!

If you enjoy my posting please consider a donation.  Any amount is greatly appreciated.





Remember to check out my other blog "INTERESTING PEOPLE"

2 comments:

  1. "I may not have money, but what I do have I freely give unto you." ~ i couldnt have said it any better! and its amazingly true it is! n u know ive gotta say, u r doing such a great job! :) it really does feel good to be thankful for what u have and to give to those who sadly do not have anything. n the littlest thing do make a BIG difference wether you think so or not. rather than jus love ourselves we should love others jus as much. thank you for sharing xavier :) VERY inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attitudes that Attract success is a great read as well my friend...

    ReplyDelete